In 1843, the 14-year-old son of a Spanish soldier was given a grant of nearly 17,000 acres of land that stretched across the hillsides between the Russian River and what is now called Dry Creek in northern Sonoma County. He farmed the land, raised cattle and brought his family to live there. He called his land the Tzabaco Rancho, and portions of the original ranch buildings still stand near our winery in the Dry Creek Valley. The origin of the name is unknown, but the name lives on in the wines of Rancho Zabaco.
Rancho Zabaco wines exhibit both intensity and sophistication. Learn more.